Monday, February 11, 2013

Coastal Grilled Shrimp Skewers

Thinking coastal eating, the first thing that always comes to mind is shrimp! In our family we eat shrimp all the time. I wanted to share with you my favorite way to prepare shrimp.

To start, you want to make sure you have a good quality shrimp. I use the green-tailed shrimp. If you get to the seafood vendors early in the season you can buy them in bulk. This way you can freeze them and get the good ones before their all gone. Green-tails are known as the best around our area. Since I put them on skewers, I like to get a nice size shrimp. I usually get 16/20s.

Green Tailed shrimp   





After I peel and d-vein the shrimp, I put about 6-8 of them on a skewer. You can make as many skewers as you want. I then melt a little butter and spread it on both sides of each shrimp skewer. I then use my favorite seasoning, Tony Chachere's Original, by generously shaking it across all the shrimp.

This is what the seasoning looks like and can be found out any local grocery. 


Lastly, I lay the skewers on the grill and let them cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Then you got yourself the best shrimp skewers to serve! Enjoy!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment